I’m getting old. Today I turn 26 which is only a stone’s throw away from 30. Single tear.
Since I’m a superstitious numbers person, I’m feeling sad about leaving 25 behind. I liked being a quarter centurion. 25 was such a good year:
- Dana and I drank lots of wine in Kelowna
- We went to the East Coast at the end of August for a family wedding and enjoyed all the sightseeing!
- Meg and I became friends! And her husband Wade too 🙂
- I ran a PR 10 km race in September
- Dana and I adopted a Mexican street dog and named her Penny ❤
- My first legit CrossFit competition was in December – Battle in the Barracks!
- Family Christmas trip to Panama!
- Made some fabulous friends along the way at CrossFit Sunalta (AKA my second home)
It’s been a hell of a trip around the sun. I salute you 25, and bid you adieu.
The next year promises to be a good one too. Dana and I have the West Coast Trail booked for June 30th so we have lots of training hikes to fit in before then. We also signed up for beach volleyball again with the gang from last year. Life will be busy as usual!
As my friend Rob put it, I’m double a prime number, so I must be in my prime now. Cheers, 26!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14795077/?claim=ynjc38sez7t”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>